Complex Contract Disputes
Contract disputes arise in numerous contexts and are adjudicated by a wide variety of courts and tribunals. Sher Tremonte’s lawyers are adept at navigating these turbulent waters, especially as they relate to complex commercial relationships and transactions.
We have negotiated or litigated a broad spectrum of contract-related disputes, including those involving complex financial products, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder and investor agreements, license agreements, and asset purchase agreements. Our lawyers dive deep into complex structures and interrelated transactional documents to find previously overlooked pathways that give our clients the advantage. We work tirelessly to protect our clients’ interests while minimizing the disruption of business as usual. If litigation cannot be avoided, we bring a strong bench of seasoned trial lawyers to the table – in itself, a strong deterrent – and can guide clients to successful outcomes through trial and appeal.
- Successfully represented an international celebrity and the celebrity’s production company in federal litigation and mediation concerning a dispute over an endorsement deal. (Read press reports about the case here.)
- Represented an internet advertising firm against a media giant that failed to make timely payments, securing a larger payment based on the company’s failure to adhere to the letter of the settlement agreement. (Read the opinion here.)
- Secured a complete victory for a private equity firm facing an $8 million breach of contract claim, obtaining an early-stage dismissal that protected the client from incurring significant costs.
- Won summary judgment for a hedge fund/investment advisor and its principal against claims that they had breached a partnership agreement. (Read the decision here.)
- Successfully defended a refrigeration equipment manufacturer in an international arbitration held at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre against claims that it had violated its obligations under a licensing agreement.
- Successfully represented a Singapore-based investment advisory firm in a contract dispute over $358 million acquisition of luxury hotel chain.
- Successfully represented a startup real estate tech firm in an arbitration over a confidentiality agreement and allegations of unfair competition.