Health Care Litigation
Sher Tremonte counsels and represents clients in civil lawsuits, arbitrations, internal investigations, government investigations, and criminal prosecutions throughout the health care sector. Our lawyers have a strong track record as advocates for managed care organizations in high-stakes provider disputes, including over reimbursements, prompt pay claims, and contract termination.
We also handle fraud recovery cases, including matters involving physicians, diagnostics and testing centers, clinical laboratories, and home health care agencies. In addition, the team has successfully defended, prosecuted, and advised clients with respect to a wide array of legal obligations, including the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and HIPAA.
- Successfully represented Medicaid Managed Care/Medicare Advantage Plans in numerous disputes with providers over claims for payment.
- Prevailed for a managed care organization in a lawsuit against a home health agency that was terminated from the provider network for offering kickbacks to organization personnel.
- Defended a health insurer against a lawsuit by a clinical laboratory seeking millions of dollars in payments, including successfully defeating an application to preliminarily enjoin the lab’s termination from the provider network.
- Advised clients on numerous matters relating to the opioid crisis, including assessment of legal claims and obligations arising from corrupt referral arrangements as well as the disclosure of patient prescription data to parties to civil cases.
- Represented a health care technology company in a dispute arising from acquisition by a competitor.