Allegra A. Noonan
+1 212 300 2449
Allegra advocates for individuals and businesses in commercial disputes, civil litigation, civil rights litigation, and criminal matters. An experienced litigator, she regularly represents clients in federal and state courts.
Allegra has achieved multimillion-dollar judgments and successful resolutions in commercial disputes as well as favorable outcomes for clients in federal criminal proceedings. Her commercial practice includes matters related to fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract claims. In civil rights litigation and criminal proceedings, she protects clients’ rights in their interactions with the federal and state government. Allegra also maintains an active pro bono practice, including civil rights litigation, challenges to state action, and post-conviction innocence investigations. Clients value her ability to guide them through complex procedural, strategic, and legal issues with clear communication and sound advice.
Before joining Sher Tremonte, Allegra worked as a litigation associate at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, where she represented clients in federal and state litigation, focusing primarily on commercial litigation and class action defense. She also represented pro bono clients in federal immigration hearings and state family court proceedings.Read more
- Secured a successful outcome for defrauded investors from the broker-dealer responsible for supervising an investment advisor who misappropriated millions of dollars in client funds.
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar default judgment after an inquest against an executive engaged in a fraudulent kickback scheme to the detriment of health care patients who needed services and did not receive them.
- Reached a favorable resolution for a former business founder’s valuable ownership interest in the ongoing business.
- Obtained an order of protection for a client who was the victim of repeated harassment in family court as well as a favorable resolution in a corresponding civil dispute.
- Secured sentences of time served for multiple defendants in federal criminal proceedings, including defendants charged with passport fraud and antitrust violations.